Friday, March 7, 2008

It's time to focus!

I have been training farely hard all winter. I have put in several 30 hour weeks and still am feeling strong. I could put more time in training, but I still have a day job and a girlfirend, both of which I would like to hang on to. I planned a ski trip a few months back, thought it would be a good break and fun to get away. Well I did have a good time. But, I did not spend much time training the past week and now I am sick. My training has been the worst it has been in months and I have not been able to put in much time.

To put on top of the stress, I put on myself I decided to get a coach. Which I think I need, but it is going to be hard. He is not going to let me race every weekend or do other fun things like waterpolo tournaments and such. He is right, I need to focus in my training and racing. All my energy should be put toward training for an Ironman, not traveling the southeast doing a bunch of small races that are going to take away from my training a wear me out.

I still will get out and train with everyone as much as I can. You might see me more often, but I will not be able to join in the group workouts and other fun stuff. I am willing ot give it some time and see what kind of results, this much more focused training does for me.

No comments: