Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The race season is coming up quickly

I am looking forward to another great year. This year I am going to be racing for the Sport Factory out of Atlanta. They are a great coaching service; with a long history of success bring athletes like myself to the next level. My coach is Brett Daniels and he will work with Matt Russ to develop a plan to bring me up to the next level at the 70.3 distance. From that “speed” I am going to try and build my endurance to maintain it for Ironman Florida in November.
I have updated my website a bit. It has been hard to keep it current, so I am going to try and just post everything here and not put it on the race report page. Here is a link if you want to check it out.
http://kevinalisska.googlepages.com/home

Brett has me doing a lot more tempo work. I am putting in a lot less miles, but they are all at close to race pace. My body is getting use to the workouts, just in time for my first race in California on March 29th. I did a good workout on Sunday, that was close to race pace. Then got off the bike and was able to run 5:45 miles, without much problems. So, I should be ready to set a new PR next weekend. I am looking forward to see were I stand agianst all the other Pros and see what I need to work in the coming months to get ready for Flordia. I am going to use my Power tap for the race, so I should get some good data to work with out having to wear a Heartrate monitor during the race.

No comments: